from BBC News https://ift.tt/aVtTsey
Thursday, February 19, 2026
from BBC News https://ift.tt/aVtTsey
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
from BBC News https://ift.tt/eLrNF3M
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
French police raided the headquarters of the Arab World Institute (AWI) on Monday as part of its investigation into a former government official's connections to Jeffrey Epstein.
Authorities searched the Paris headquarters along with several other locations, according to the national financial prosecutor. The investigators were searching for documents relating to ex-culture minister Jack Lang, who served as the AWI's head until his resignation last month. AWI is a part of France's foreign ministry.
Both Jack and Caroline Lang have repeatedly denied any wrongdoing or receiving financial benefits from Epstein. Their lawyer, Laurent Merlet, told French broadcaster BFMTV this month that "there was no movement of funds."
Fallout from the release of millions of new documents related to Epstein has rippled through Europe. On Saturday, Paris prosecutors set up a dedicated team to review the files, coordinating with the financial prosecutor and national police.
PRINCE WILLIAM, PRINCESS CATHERINE 'DEEPLY CONCERNED' BY EPSTEIN FILES REVELATIONS, PALACE SAYS
Attorney General Pam Bondi announced in a letter on Saturday that "all" Epstein files have now been released, consistent with Section 3 of the Epstein Files Transparency Act.
"In accordance with the requirements of the Act, and as described in various Department submissions to the courts of the Southern District of New York assigned to the Epstein and Maxwell prosecutions and related orders, the Department released all ‘records, documents, communications and investigative materials in the possession of the Department’ that ‘relate to’ any of nine different categories," the letter read.
The letter includes a list of more than 300 high-profile names, including President Donald Trump, Barack and Michelle Obama, Prince Harry, Bill Gates, Woody Allen, Kurt Cobain, Mark Zuckerberg and Bruce Springsteen.
CBS NEWS SCRAMBLES AS NEW CONTRIBUTOR'S EPSTEIN EMAIL CONNECTIONS SURFACE IN LATEST DOJ FILES
In accordance with the Epstein Files Transparency Act, the list of names includes "all persons where (1) they are or were a government official or politically exposed person and (2) their name appears in the files released under the Act at least once," the letter said, adding that the names appear in a "wide variety of contexts."
Some of the names mentioned had "extensive direct email contact with Epstein or Maxwell" while others were mentioned "in a portion of a document (including press reporting) that on its face is unrelated to the Epstein and Maxwell matters," the letter said.
The document outlines the broad range of Epstein-related materials, including records concerning Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell; references to individuals—up to and including government officials—connected to Epstein’s activities; and documents tied to civil settlements and legal resolutions such as immunity deals, plea agreements, non-prosecution agreements and sealed arrangements.
Reuters contributed to this report.
from Latest & Breaking News on Fox News https://ift.tt/AkPv68q
Monday, February 16, 2026
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), commonly known as Doctors Without Borders, suspended noncritical medical operations at Gaza’s Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis, citing security concerns.
MSF said it made the decision, as of Jan. 20, due to concerns about the management of the hospital and what it described as a pattern of unacceptable incidents within the compound.
The suspension had not been widely reported at the time, and it was not immediately clear when the decision was first publicly posted.
MSF’s frequently asked questions page, where the update appears, shows it was last revised on Feb. 11.
US-BACKED GAZA AID GROUP SLAMS DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS, ACCUSES IT OF SPREADING 'FALSE' CLAIMS
In recent months, the international medical humanitarian aid group said staff and patients have reported the presence of armed and sometimes masked men, intimidation, arbitrary arrests of patients and the suspected movement of weapons on hospital grounds.
"While none of these incidents occurred in parts of the hospital compound where MSF works, they pose serious security threats to our teams and patients," MSF wrote on its website.
"MSF formally expressed its strong concern to relevant authorities and emphasized the incompatibility of such violations with our medical mission. Hospitals must remain neutral, civilian spaces, free from military presence or activity, to ensure the safe and impartial delivery of medical care," the group continued. "MSF calls on all armed groups, Hamas, and Israeli forces to respect medical facilities and ensure the protection of civilians."
HAMAS PLOTS INFILTRATION AT US-BACKED GAZA AID SITE, FORCES TEMPORARY SHUTDOWN
In a statement issued Saturday, Nasser Hospital rejected what it called "false, unsubstantiated, and misleading allegations" by MSF regarding the presence of weapons or armed groups inside the facility.
"These allegations are factually incorrect, irresponsible, and pose a serious risk to a protected civilian medical facility. The Gaza Strip is under an extreme and prolonged state of emergency resulting from systematic attacks on civilian institutions," it said. "Under these conditions, isolated unlawful actions by uncontrolled individuals and groups have occurred across society, including attempts by some to carry weapons."
Hospital officials said a civilian police presence had been arranged to help safeguard patients, staff and infrastructure and called on MSF to retract its claims and reaffirm its commitment to medical neutrality.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said Sunday on X that it has intelligence indicating Hamas is using Nasser Hospital as a headquarters and military post, reiterating long-standing allegations that the militant group embeds operations within civilian facilities in Gaza.
"For over two years, the IDF and the defense establishment has warned about the cynical use by terrorist organizations in Gaza of hospitals and humanitarian shelters as human shields to conceal terrorist activity," it wrote.
Hamas has previously denied using hospitals or other civilian facilities for military purposes.
from Latest & Breaking News on Fox News https://ift.tt/FHaf9qJ
Sunday, February 15, 2026
FIRST ON FOX: The White House on Saturday marked the one-year anniversary of President Donald Trump’s National Energy Dominance Council by drawing a sharp contrast with the Biden-era, including Interior Secretary Doug Burgum citing higher production and lower gas prices as proof of "real savings" for Americans.
"Under the President’s leadership and through the Council’s relentless execution, we have delivered historic gains in energy production, affordability, and security," Interior Secretary Doug Burgum, chair of the National Energy Dominance Council, told Fox News Digital.
"Gasoline prices have fallen to some of the lowest levels in years, permitting has been streamlined, and American energy exports are surging," he added. "These achievements are not abstract, they mean real savings for families, farmers, and small businesses, and they are strengthening our position on the world stage."
Trump signed an executive order creating the National Energy Dominance Council on Feb. 14, 2025, which was tasked with cutting red tape and coordinating agencies to boost U.S. energy production, speed up permitting approvals, expand exports and deliver a national "energy dominance" strategy.
A year later, the administration pointed to a series of metrics showing the U.S. has accelerated past Biden-era data on production — while driving down energy costs that ripple through household budgets, from gas and heating to shipping and groceries.
U.S. crude oil production, for example, reached a record 13.6 million barrels per day in 2025, with the White House calling it the highest output of any country in the world. In comparison, the Biden administration took four years for production to climb from 11.3 million to 13.2 million barrels per day, a figure "Trump blew past in months," according to the White House.
On the natural gas production front, the administration said the U.S. produced 110.1 billion cubic feet per day in November 2025, the highest level recorded since federal tracking began in 1973. All in, production is about 8% above the Biden-era average, and 4% above the previous record for U.S. natural gas production, according to the data.
TRUMP ADMIN TO REPEAL OBAMA-ERA GREENHOUSE GAS FINDING IN LARGE-SCALE DEREGULATION
While the U.S. has also widened its lead as the world’s top liquefied natural gas (LNG) exporter, with average LNG exports rising to 15 billion cubic feet per day in 2025, up from 11 under the Biden administration.
"As we mark this anniversary, we reaffirm our commitment to advancing American Energy Dominance and ensuring that our nation’s energy abundance continues to power prosperity, security, and freedom for generations to come," Burgum added in a comment to Fox News Digital.
TRUMP TO HOST ‘CLEAN BEAUTIFUL COAL’ EVENT, CALLS IT AMERICA’S MOST RELIABLE ENERGY
Lowering prices through an expanded energy grid was crucial to the executive order establishing the council itself, calling for "reliable and affordable energy production to drive down inflation, grow our economy, create good-paying jobs."
Energy has emerged as a key piece of the administration's puzzle of addressing affordability concerns stemming from the Biden era when inflation hit a 40-year-high, as cheaper energy typically ripples through the economy by cutting transportation and shipping costs and lowering the power bills factories pay to make everything from groceries to building materials.
The White House cast cheaper gas as a kitchen-table win this year, touting pump prices are about $2.90 a gallon, which is 16% below the Biden-era average and a roughly 42% drop from the $5.02 peak in June 2022. The administration celebrated that affordable energy benefits Americans from working families and rural communities, to small businesses and farmers who typically frequently drive farther for gas or those on a budget.
Crude oil prices have fallen by roughly 18% in 2025, dropping to $65 a barrel from the $79 Biden-era average, according to the data.
Environmental groups have meanwhile slammed Trump’s "energy dominance" push as a fossil-fuel expansion that undercuts climate goals and could increase pollution and impacts on public lands and communities.
"One year ago, President Donald J. Trump launched the National Energy Dominance Council to restore America’s Energy Dominance and make life more affordable for hardworking families. Today, the results speak for themselves," Burgum said of the data.
from Latest & Breaking News on Fox News https://ift.tt/4MeTIYg
from BBC News https://ift.tt/U2naARp
Saturday, February 14, 2026
EXCLUSIVE: Acting ICE Director Todd Lyons told Fox News Digital he stands by his response to Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell, after the California gubernatorial candidate demanded he resign and find work as an "otherwise employable" law enforcement officer.
Swalwell, who made the comments during a hearing this week, was the latest in a slew of Democrats calling on Lyons to resign after an immigration enforcement surge in Minneapolis led to the agent-involved shooting deaths of two agitators.
"Leading this agency is a choice, and it’s one I make to stand side-by-side with the brave men and women who enforce this nation’s immigration laws," Lyons said.
"I’m proud of the work they do every day to keep our country, our communities, and our families safe — and like them, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States."
ICE DIRECTOR FLIPS SCRIPT ON SWALWELL AFTER DEM DEMANDED HIS RESIGNATION
Lyons said that if lawmakers want to "mischaracterize" ICE’s mission and use their recollection as grounds for resignation demands, they are "misleading their constituents and doing our nation a disservice."
"I will not resign, because I believe in the rule of law and will continue to uphold my oath," he told Fox News Digital.
Beyond the outspoken Alameda congressman, several other Democrats have demanded Lyons’ ouster — and often followed up with the same request to DHS Secretary Kristi Noem.
DEM REP LABELS FEDERAL IMMIGRATION AGENTS 'THUGS' IN TENSE HEARING
Rep. Daniel Goldman of Manhattan, Swalwell’s co-sponsor on the ICE OUT Act, told Lyons in that same hearing that if he did not want his agency compared to "a fascist regime or secret police, then stop acting like one."
Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., whose district has been ground zero for ICE’s battle against agitators and illegal immigrants in Minneapolis, called for Lyons to be held accountable for the "military style occupation," while Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., of similarly anti-ICE Seattle led 156 other lawmakers in a formal demand for leadership changes at ICE.
Sen. Martin Heinrich of New Mexico and Sen. Peter Welch of Vermont have also made calls for ICE and DHS leadership accountability.
The most pointed remarks directed at Lyons during his hearing came from Rep. LaMonica McIver of New Jersey, who is also facing charges for allegedly accosting federal immigration agents outside a Newark compound being used to hold detainees.
McIver asked Lyons whether he believes he is going to hell.
"I'm not going to entertain that question," Lyons replied before Chairman Andrew Garbarino of New York interjected to admonish McIver’s line of questioning as potentially breaching decorum.
from Latest & Breaking News on Fox News https://ift.tt/k1o2FW5